Notes help - emails disappearing
My company uses Lotus Notes, and I always have problems with my Notes
and my help desk is no help at all.
They always just tell me "Delete the local copy and create a new one"
but this doesnt solve the problem.
Or they say "Lets refresh the view, etc...." and no result, so I
usually give up.
Ok, here is some info
1. My mailbox is on multiple servers (I assume a main server and a
2. I have been told that when I am at a client site to always
replicate and read/write emails using the Local copy. The server copy
is too slow from external connections.
3. So I always replicate (then replicate once more to be safe) then
check my email.
4. I created Folders to store different emails, Clients, Admin stuff,
1. When I have an email that is 'unread' (highlighted red) I drag it
to a folder, it becomes Read. I want it to stay unread.
2. The big problem. I took a look at my 2 local copies and my 2
Here is what it says for Inbox:
Server copy - Inbox 217
Server copy 2 - Inbox 412
Local copy - Inbox 347
Local Copy 2 - Inbox 351
How could this be the case?
Shouldnt the local copy be exactly the same as the server copy? (Yes I
3. Sometimes it says (on the Replication tab) "2 Received, 0 Sent" and
there is only 1 new email....?
4. Similiar to #3....I noticed I have no new emails in my local copy,
but if I go to the server copy, I see emails that are NOT in my local
The emails are from today...from last week, etc....
BUT, if I do a "View All" in the local copy, I can see the email.
Also I noticed if I drag it (in the Server copy) to a folder and then
replicate it will show up in the folder in the Local copy.
So what can I do?
When I called the help desk in the past, they had me delete the Local,
recreate it, or refresh the views, etc....doesnt work, so I just give