+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

ORA-22992: cannot use LOB locators selected from remote tables

  1. ORA-22992: cannot use LOB locators selected from remote tables

    Please let me what could be solution for this problem. I have to fetch
    data with single query to destination database and the table exist on
    another database with blob.

    But I am facing following error:
    ORA-22992: cannot use LOB locators selected from remote tables

    Oracle version : 9.2.0.8


  2. Re: ORA-22992: cannot use LOB locators selected from remote tables

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    Steve Robin wrote:
    > Please let me what could be solution for this problem. I have to fetch
    > data with single query to destination database and the table exist on
    > another database with blob.
    >
    > But I am facing following error:
    > ORA-22992: cannot use LOB locators selected from remote tables
    >
    > Oracle version : 9.2.0.8
    >


    None - and you should know that: http://tahiti.pracle.com

    - --
    Regards,
    Frank van Bortel

    Top-posting is one way to shut me up...
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (MingW32)

    iD8DBQFGUUQzLw8L4IAs830RAiK8AJ9ML5ZhDuL0Il2kGJZcLB2ty6QLDACeNGw5
    1O84V94YWRkUMLRCrapVw/U=
    =Y7u6
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

  3. Re: ORA-22992: cannot use LOB locators selected from remote tables

    On May 21, 12:03 pm, Frank van Bortel
    wrote:
    > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    > Hash: SHA1
    >
    > Steve Robin wrote:
    > > Please let me what could be solution for this problem. I have to fetch
    > > data with single query to destination database and the table exist on
    > > another database with blob.

    >
    > > But I am facing following error:
    > > ORA-22992: cannot use LOB locators selected from remote tables

    >
    > > Oracle version : 9.2.0.8

    >
    > None - and you should know that:http://tahiti.pracle.com
    >
    > - --
    > Regards,
    > Frank van Bortel
    >
    > Top-posting is one way to shut me up...
    > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    > Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (MingW32)
    >
    > iD8DBQFGUUQzLw8L4IAs830RAiK8AJ9ML5ZhDuL0Il2kGJZcLB2ty6QLDACeNGw5
    > 1O84V94YWRkUMLRCrapVw/U=
    > =Y7u6
    > -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


    Thanks for response.
    Yes I try to search there also.It is asking to use dbms_lob but
    how.... I am able to access clob, but can blob be selected with same
    way. I cann't say, developers are checking it.
    I will share that .... but pls let me know, you have any suggestion.


  4. Re: ORA-22992: cannot use LOB locators selected from remote tables

    On May 21, 1:17 pm, Steve Robin wrote:
    > On May 21, 12:03 pm, Frank van Bortel
    > wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    > > Hash: SHA1

    >
    > > Steve Robin wrote:
    > > > Please let me what could be solution for this problem. I have to fetch
    > > > data with single query to destination database and the table exist on
    > > > another database with blob.

    >
    > > > But I am facing following error:
    > > > ORA-22992: cannot use LOB locators selected from remote tables

    >
    > > > Oracle version : 9.2.0.8

    >
    > > None - and you should know that:http://tahiti.pracle.com

    >
    > > - --
    > > Regards,
    > > Frank van Bortel

    >
    > > Top-posting is one way to shut me up...
    > > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    > > Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (MingW32)

    >
    > > iD8DBQFGUUQzLw8L4IAs830RAiK8AJ9ML5ZhDuL0Il2kGJZcLB2ty6QLDACeNGw5
    > > 1O84V94YWRkUMLRCrapVw/U=
    > > =Y7u6
    > > -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

    >
    > Thanks for response.
    > Yes I try to search there also.It is asking to use dbms_lob but
    > how.... I am able to access clob, but can blob be selected with same
    > way. I cann't say, developers are checking it.
    > I will share that .... but pls let me know, you have any suggestion.- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    No... it is not working.. actually I used
    dbms_lob.substr(x,dbms_lob.getlength(x)), which converts it to raw...
    but we cann't use raw.
    Please help me... I don't know any other solution.


  5. Re: ORA-22992: cannot use LOB locators selected from remote tables

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    Sigh...

    Would you believe the documentation?

    http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/c...4mng.htm#98328

    - --
    Regards,
    Frank van Bortel

    Top-posting is one way to shut me up...
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (MingW32)

    iD8DBQFGUYWVLw8L4IAs830RAndzAKCenmjoP3/4JKC5FWzvyjpYp3DnEwCfZSdH
    m+/kR3sp+zkkkaboMEixWcE=
    =+8ek
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

+ Reply to Thread