medrec example app, wlconfig, jms & oracle
The build.xml for Medrec sample application ~/weblogic81/samples/server/medrec/setup/build.xml
1. creates resources for Pointbase & Oracle.
2. creates JDBCConnectionPool for Pointbase & Oracle.
3. creates a JMSConnectionFactory.
4. creates a JMSJDBCStore only for Pointbase.
5. creates JMSQueues for a JMSServer, which references the JMSJDBC store that is only created for Pointbase.
I am trying to determine what I need to do get this to work with Oracle.
1. Do I need to create a JMSJDBC store?
2. If so, how many?
3. Why use the database?
4. What are the requirements placed upon the database? I just need to ensure I can provide them.
5. Would any Oracle user do? Any permissions required?
6. What is done with the Oracle user? Any tables created?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Re: medrec example app, wlconfig, jms & oracle
I'm sure there are details on this in the documentation, but, in short:
-- If you want to support persistent messages (which I'm sure MedRec does), then your JMS server has to be configured with a store.
-- You can use either a file store or a JDBC store.
-- If you use a JDBC store, it uses the JDBC connection pool you provide and the username/password you provide there to create two tables in which it stores persistent messages.
-- The database username you use for this has to have permission to create a table.